[LAU] Time of music in a seqennser

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Thu Mar 13 22:06:00 EDT 2008

On Thu, 2008-03-13 at 22:17 +0100, Hartmut Noack wrote:

> But to have proprietary VST-plugins running perfectly well on Linux will
> not help promoting the development of free software for Linux like LV2
> or AMS.

I respectfully disagree. If it was possible to run arbitrary win32/x86
VST's on linux/x86 with no hassle, there would very little barrier to
people moving to linux for their audio needs. plugins are often the
blocking issue to this migration, not host applications. like it or not,
the plugins exist, and they are not appearing for linux at anything
close to a sufficient rate to justify any active audio users migrating
at present.

--p