[LAU] how to transmit OSC between two networked computers?

Jamie Bullock jamie at postlude.co.uk
Fri Mar 28 05:00:48 EDT 2008

On Thu, 2008-03-27 at 22:46 -0400, Hector Centeno wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to set up two computers to communicate via OSC. The two
> computers will be running Csound and I would like one of them to be
> able to send OSC messages to the other via the already existent
> network. How do you achieve this? I'm not a network guru but I've been
> trying to do it using port forwarding via ssh but without any success
> (and I'm not even sure if using ssh is the right thing to do). Is
> there anyone in the list doing this kind of thing?

I think more info might be needed for people to help with this (unless
they make a good guess!).

Assuming your network is IP over ethernet:

1 Are the computers on the same subnet?
2 If not, is traffic routable between them (do you have a router)?
3 Are there any port blocking/forwarding devices between the computers?
Firewalls? Proxy servers?
4 Is there any firewall/port blocking software on the individual
computers
5 Can they `ping' each other?

Jamie

--