[LAU] how to transmit OSC between two networked computers?

Hector Centeno hcengar at gmail.com
Fri Mar 28 12:17:54 EDT 2008

Thanks for your replies.

The network set up is quite simple. Both computers are connected to a
router (one wireless and the other wired) and the router has internet
access. Both computers are able to communicate (I do rsync file
transfers often) and I'm also able to ssh from one to the other. I
finally got two instances of Csound running on each computer to
communicate using OSC using the built in OSC opcodes. My only problem
now is getting wiiosc running in one computer to communicate with
Csound on the other. Wiiosc is set to output on port 57120 and I was
trying to forward that port to the other computer using ssh (57120 in
the wiiosc host to 57120 in the Csound client: ssh -v -L
57120:192.168.2.10:57120 192.168.2.10 ). The ssh session starts fine
but for some reason I don't get anything coming in the clients' 57120
port. The firewall in the client has that port open.

Anyways, I just would like to learn how to do this properly but I
guess what I'm lacking here is networking knowledge and this might not
be the right list to discuss about it.

Cheers,

Hector