[LAU] AVSynthesis

Dave Phillips dlphillips at woh.rr.com
Sun Mar 30 16:47:25 EDT 2008

mik wrote:
> Olé! I've got it working.
> DevILdll is called libILso in Linux.
Hmm, it's called lwjgl-devil.so on my boxes. No fear, if you have the
wrong libs the program won't play. :)

> One last problem: the screen resolution.
>
> "Graphics card: null, version: null
> Resolution: 1600x1200x24 at 58Hz
> The AVSynthesis program was terminated because an error occured.
>
> Reason: Failed to create display mode w=800h=600
> End Program. Cleaning up"
>
> I'm going to try to figure that out by myself.
If you don't have it by now: You'll need to edit the data/config.xml for
your current screen resolution (it won't work with any other setting)
and for your preferred Csound output settings. Here's what I have in my
config.xml :

<config csound="-+rtaudio=jack -+rtmidi=portmidi -d -m0 -g -f
-odac:alsa_pcm:playback_ -M0 -b1024 --expression-opt temp.orc temp.sco"
ksmps="16" width="1280" height="1024" fullscreen="false" FPS="30"
MIDICtrl="85"/>

Make sure that your sample rates in Csound and JACK are set to the same
value.

This program is very cool, but stability issues remain. I'm going to try
some fixes suggested by Jean-Pierre, I'll let you know how they work (or
don't).

Best,

dp