[LAU] converting mp4

David Forsyth steampipe at iwr.ru.ac.za
Sun Mar 30 14:34:22 EDT 2008

 >From: Dave Phillips <dlphillips at woh.rr.com>
 >Subject: Re: [LAU] converting mp4

 >David Forsyth wrote:
 > > I'll need to convert them to MP3 so my daughter can play them and
do > >

------------------------------
 >From: "Tom Szilagyi" <tomszilagyi at gmail.com>
 >Subject: Re: [LAU] converting mp4

 >Aqualung can convert MP4 files to MP3 via the file exporting feature
 >(as well as play them, of course), if compiled with ffmpeg (supporting
 >AAC) and lame.

thanks Dave and Tom, looks like I'll have to cart the PC to the office
for an upgrade/install session as I don't have any of that installed.  I
got xine to play the files, but that doesn't help as I need to convert
them into mp3's that the ipod clone thingy will play.

I'd much prefer something command line though....

--
David                       http://iwr.ru.ac.za/~iwdf/
If you receive email saying "Send this to everyone you know",