[LAU] new recordings

dfro at umich.edu dfro at umich.edu
Sun Mar 30 15:03:25 EDT 2008

Dave,

"Can't Nobody Hide" has a little of the "O' Brother Where Art Thou"
vibe.  I really liked that movie's soundtrack, and I like your recording.

Also, thanks for your Linux Journal articles.  They often seem to be the
documentation/tutorials I find for a lot of the open source audio
software out there.  Your article on LinuxSampler helped me get the last
piece in place to get it working.  I had LSampler's MIDI driver setting
set to JACK, but LinuxSampler would not show in the JACK midi
connections window.  When I set the LS midi driver to ALSA, like you did
in your article, it worked.  Can you explain why?

Thanks,
Dave