[LAU] new recordings

Dave Phillips dlphillips at woh.rr.com
Sun Mar 30 16:33:11 EDT 2008

dfro at umich.edu wrote:
> "Can't Nobody Hide" has a little of the "O' Brother Where Art Thou"
> vibe.  I really liked that movie's soundtrack, and I like your recording.

Thanks, Dave. I didn't have any particular artists in mind when I did
it, I've just known the song for a long time and thought it would be fun
to give it that treatment. I also wanted to test my vocal chops. I have
another similar project in mind, to be revealed only upon completion. ;)

> Also, thanks for your Linux Journal articles.  They often seem to be the
> documentation/tutorials I find for a lot of the open source audio
> software out there.  Your article on LinuxSampler helped me get the last
> piece in place to get it working.  I had LSampler's MIDI driver setting
> set to JACK, but LinuxSampler would not show in the JACK midi
> connections window.  When I set the LS midi driver to ALSA, like you did
> in your article, it worked.  Can you explain why?

Version mismatch ? Incomplete implementation ? You'll have to ask the
guys at LS and JACK about this one.

Do you have other JACK MIDI apps that appear correctly ?

Best,

dp