[LAU] [LAA] Qtractor 0.1.3 (frugal damsel) released!

Russell Hanaghan hanaghan at starband.net
Fri May 2 15:47:15 EDT 2008

While I'm sure Mark meant in no way to narrow the scope of Qtractor, I
looked at it yesterday for the first time semi seriously. It's clearly
headed for more than being just a 'loop player'...

I have a slightly older version {0.1.1} that is among the repo pkg's on my
distro of beloved choice. (Sorry Rui...I'm not in my bedroom and I used more
than one track!!!  Did I violate the RPL?? {Rui - Pulic - License})

Veering off topic as I so fondly do, I'm running Fluxbox 1.0 and when I run
Qtractor, obviously it wraps in QT 3.3 in this case. The main windows
function fine but child windows such as the "mixer" window, come up at a
default size and cannot be re-sized other than to be maximized or minimized.
I'm 99.9% certain it's a Fluxbox issue (and I have put a LOT of time into
this in the last 10 days do to not having a job for he first time in
forever), but wonder if anyone has the Fluxbox magic sauce on this....OR, is
there QT3.3 magik I can apply.

I'm largly doing this because there is a {yet another} audio based
derivitive of my favorite distro out there and before I point the masses to
it, I 1st, want blessings of the creator, and 2...it's not ready for prime
time! But I CAN tell you, it smells REAL good!!     It runs KDE by default
and KDE is getting to be a bit more like that *other* OS that swallows
resources n cycles like a pig eating slops, so I'm adding the pazzaz suace
to fluxbox with custom menus, purty wallpapers and running Wbar with all the
cool apps on it. More on that soon...

Not that it mattered to anyone except my family, but rumors of my death {pre
OR past tense} have been grossly exagerated!  :P

Fanx!