[LAU] [LAA] Qtractor 0.1.3 (frugal damsel) released!

Rui Nuno Capela rncbc at rncbc.org
Sun May 4 08:06:34 EDT 2008

hollunder at gmx.at wrote:
>> On Sat, 3 May 2008 17:24:26 -0700
>> "Mark Knecht" <markknecht at gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>> Hi Rui,
>>    You know me pretty well at this point old friend. I've just a user.
>> Nothing more. I might be a pretty smart user, but I'm just a user.
>>
>>    As I remember the work Erik and I were doing, I think we were doing
>> sort of hunt and peck. I'd try a few loop files, look at the results
>> and if they weren't correct (as per Acid) then I'd send him info like
>> the stuff above, and maybe a loop file or two. I'd tell him what Acid
>> Pro was telling me, and he'd try and find that info in the file. He'd
>> do some changes and I'd try the new version via patches he'd give me.
>> We made some headway but eventually he ran out of time and it didn't
>> move forward anymore I'm actually not sure if it ever improved after
>> that. I've been subscribed to this list or its predecessor for over 8
>> years now and cannot remember any serious discussions in public.
>> Fankly though, without someone like you doing an app like qtractor it
>> didn't matter too much and I let it drop.
>>
>>    The need for this info is all driven by the app you're doing. I
>> don't know of any other Linux app that would really require it. Other
>> could use it but I think an app like qtractor would really make good
>> use if we could work it all out.
>>
>>    So, to the extent that you or some other developer reading this in
>> lurk mode has an interest I have gigabytes of Acid loops that we use
>> here for composition. I'd be happy to help out again should the need
>> arise. Having an Open Source replacement for Acid has been high on my
>> wish list for years. I'd love to help it happen.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Mark
>
> I can imagine other apps including that kind of stuff as well.
> Isn't there this gstreamer based garageband clone, and isn't garageband
> some loopbased thing? Does garagecrap use a simialar format? It's just
> an idea for collaboration, if anybody plans to do that kind of stuff.
>
> Rui, too bad that distros can't keep up with your release cycle, ubuntu
> still includes 0.0.3 ...

you may find one .deb in the sourceforge.net/project/qtractor download
area. maybe you can try it on ubuntu? ah, and there's another one in the
mepislovers forum:

  http://mepislovers.org/forums/showthread.php?t=15434

otoh, isn't ubuntu a community thing? opensuse (the one i do) is pretty
fast in that recycling catch-up: packman lags behind each of my releases
in just a matter of hours if not minutes :)

cheers
--
rncbc aka Rui Nuno Capela
rncbc at rncbc.org