[LAU] ESI Maya 44 USB Linux compability?

MasterHai at gmx.net MasterHai at gmx.net
Wed May 21 12:07:58 EDT 2008

Hello,

i want to buy a new sound card for a mobil environment. Since i have special requirements (external USB sound card, minimum 4 channel simultaneous recording, linux compatible in particular jackd and ardour).

Currently I am testing the Lexicon Omega. Its working flawless under JAD 1.0 (Jack Audio Distribution). But it needs an extra 9V AC power supply, which can not be replaced with a 9V DC power supply (battery power). Hence it is difficult to use in my application scenario.

Now i am thinking of purchasing the ESI Maya 44 USB. Have anyone have experinces with this device?
Is it working in linux?

I have already search the internet for linux compatibility. But there are only old forum threads (Jan 2006) reporting problems.
Are these problems fixed in current linux distros?

The status of this device on the alsa homepage is currently “under devolpment”. Since the Lexicon Omega is even not listed there and nevertheless working, i hope that the Maya 44 USB is working under linux too.

Maybe your guys have recommendations for another sound device.

Thank you for advice!

Hai
--
Desperate Housewives - das Spiel!