[LAU] ESI Maya 44 USB Linux compability?

Arnold Krille arnold at arnoldarts.de
Wed May 21 14:16:32 EDT 2008

Am Mittwoch, 21. Mai 2008 schrieb MasterHai at gmx.net:
> i want to buy a new sound card for a mobil environment. Since i have
> special requirements (external USB sound card, minimum 4 channel
> simultaneous recording, linux compatible in particular jackd and ardour).

I don't think that your requirements will be fulfilled by usb-devices. Because
usb1.X only has bandwidth for 4 audio-channels which is mostly used as 2 in
and 2 out.
USB2 would have the bandwidth. But there is no usb2-audio-standard so there is
no real driver for the various usb2-audio devices...

> Maybe your guys have recommendations for another sound device.

Yep, get a supported[1] firewire-device.

Have fun,

Arnold

[1] see www.ffado.org for supported devices...
--