[LAU] Drumprogram, Auto-Accompaniment - fully MIDI controllable?

Bengt Gördén bengan at bag.org
Thu May 22 18:41:22 EDT 2008

Den Thursday 22 May 2008 21.27.38 skrev Crypto:
> Hi,
>
> I am new to this list

Hi and welcome.

> and want to share my linux audio related experiences
> with You while hopefully finding answers to my own problems.
> The first problem I have run into is which drum program to use.
>
> What I need is a program that
>
> 1.)  uses a softwaresynth such as fluidsynth for playing the actual sound,
> 2.) can be triggered to play these sounds by receiving MIDI messages,
> 3.) (very important) can receive MIDI controller messages, so it will play
> fills, intros, breaks, endings, start, stop etc. all by receiving MIDI
> messages.

Can't really help you here.

> I have tried stygmorgan, but the doc is in Spanish only which I do not
> understand,

This is not the answere for your question but if you want to stick with
stygmorgan you could just do a quick google translation of the manual.
Spanish->German (you seemed to be german by the .de in your email)

http://www.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fstygmorgan.berlios.de%2Fdoc.html&hl=de&ie=UTF8&sl=es&tl=de

Not the best translation but probably good enough to start with. A year ago I
worked my way through a site in japanese about guitar repair and it was
understandable, although not perfect.

/bengan