[LAU] Analog and Digital Audio Signal Audio Info Resource?

Christian Delahousse christian.delahousse at gmail.com
Wed May 28 11:39:32 EDT 2008

Hi,

I've noticed many posts on the list quoting ohm, K and other figures when
refering to analog signals. Its making me realize that I know next to
nothing about what's going though my wires as I record or patch. I do know
about Hi-Z guitar connections, balanced connections, etc.. but just the
basics not the specific details.

The same thing goes for USB/Firewire/PCI interfaces. I keep on hearing terms
like Bus Mastering and how USB devices have higher latency. I'd like to
understand what these are and why this is.

Does anybody know of a good online guide to walk me though all of this and
explain the specifics and how it applies to audio. Google has not yield any
good results.

Thanks
-Chris