[LAU] [OT?] last night's gig

Jan Depner eviltwin69 at cableone.net
Sun Nov 2 09:37:04 EST 2008

On Sun, 2008-11-02 at 09:02 -0500, Dave Phillips wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> Had a gig last night with some old friends. Board recordings are
> available here:
>
>     http://drop.io/ph4tpjw
>
> Songs are various, some blues, some originals, some Mose Allison, et
> cetera. The leads are by my friend Terry McClanahan, brush snare is
> played by my regular drummer Rusty Campbell. Some of the vocals are
> mine, some are Terry's. I play rhythm guitar and bass.

    Damn!  You guys are really good!

> No Linux involved, hence the [OT?]. However, *I* am involved with Linux,
> so maybe it's not utterly OT. :)
>
> Sure would be nice to have a Ken Restivo on keys...
>
> Btw, when I say "old friends", I mean *old*. Terry's the youngest in the
> group, he's 56. Rusty's known as El Viejo (he's 60+), I'm in the middle
> at 57. To paraphrase John Lennon, we may be old but we're not boring.
> (Well, we don't think so. Opinions will vary.)

    The youngest in my band is 53 :-)

--
Jan 'Evil Twin' Depner
http://www.thecfband.com

"Microsoft has a new version out, Windows XP, which according to
everybody is the 'most reliable Windows ever.' To me, this is like
saying that asparagus is 'the most articulate vegetable ever.'"

Dave Barry