[LAU] Recording Equipment

Don Marti dmarti at zgp.org
Mon Nov 3 15:40:47 EST 2008

begin Sean Darby quotation of Mon, Nov 03, 2008 at 02:06:54PM -0600:

> Is there a digital mixer in the price range of an analog mixer?
>
> I think that analog Yamaha MG166C (no fx) is ~$350.

Yamaha has a USB version of the same basic mixer,
the MG166C-USB, for $419 street price.  I don't see
it on the ALSA compatibility list, but Guitar Center
carries it and I have had good luck with being able
to try stuff out at the store.

> I don't think analog mixers have a/d d/a converters (aka just analog),
> right?

It looks like vendors are starting to add USB to
reasonably priced mixers for the project studio
market.  So you get a basic mixer plus a USB audio
interface in one.

--
Don Marti                                               +1 510-814-0932
http://zgp.org/~dmarti/
dmarti at zgp.org