[LAU] Audacity strange behavior

Erik de Castro Lopo mle+la at mega-nerd.com
Mon Nov 10 17:25:05 EST 2008

hollunder at gmx.at wrote:

> I think we experienced something similar once but I don't know problem
> nor solution. wav-files have a header but I don't know of any kind of
> meta-data, so this is unlikely.

WAV files can potentially have an abundance of meta data. Don't
discount this too quickly as a possibility.

> My guess was and is a bug in audacity, one should contact the authors,
> I haven't done so when we discovered this oddness.

Well I'm the author of libsndfile which Audacity uses for its WAV
file export. Lets investigate the issue here and then if audacity is
actually the problem we report complete findings to them :-).

Erik