[LAU] second qwerty

Raine M. Ekman raine at iki.fi
Tue Nov 11 07:40:16 EST 2008

On Tue, 11 Nov 2008, alex stone wrote:
> Arnold, that's what i figured.
>
> If I can 'fool' X config into thinking the second qwerty is some sort of
> midi, or 'non-default qwerty' controller, then i'm wondering if it's
> possible to use it in a wider sense for script starts,etc..
> I will admit i know next to nothing about this, hence the question.

The easiest solution might be using a PS/2 keyboard for typing and having
a USB one for other purposes, through the event interface, as explained in
step 3 in the procedure here:
http://www.linuxplanet.com/linuxplanet/tutorials/3100/1/

I don't know how well that connects to PD, but I'd be surprised to hear
that it can't be done.. and a universal script-invocation thingie
shouldn't be too hard either, it probably already exists somewhere.

(As this is my delurking on this list, I'd like to thank everybody for the
often valuable, sometimes entertaining and very rarely annoying mailings
:)

--
  Raine M. Ekman  tel: 0400 838 395
  raine at iki.fi    www: http://www.iki.fi/%7Eraine/