[LAU] LAm -2008 mix online

Folderol folderol at ukfsn.org
Sat Nov 15 13:11:15 EST 2008

On Tue, 11 Nov 2008 18:49:45 +0700
Patrick Shirkey <pshirkey at boosthardware.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have finished the preliminary version of the inaugural LAM mix for
> 2008.
>
> It's now online at the following url:
>
> http://djcj.org/audio/lam/lam-2008.ogg
>
> Mixed in ardour2 of course.
>
> The mix is about 90 mins.
>
> Attached is the playlist I used to arrange the tracks for reference.
>
> - I might add to the mix if new stuff arrives over the next few weeks
> and I have time. I have tried to cover the whole selection of music that
> is being released. I hope you all enjoy the selection.
>
> - I can't believe how fast I was able to put this together. It took me
> only two days. One for selecting and one for mixing. I only had three
> crashes the whole time. That's absolutely brilliant stability compared
> to my previous efforts. All that and still able to get some other paid
> work done at the same time. Incredible!!!!!!!
>
> As far as I know all the tracks are released open source or CC-By SA
>
> - Mixed with ardour2 on an Intel Quad core with 8GB RAM and running
> Fedora 9 64bit.
>

> *************************
> BIGUPBIGUPBIGUPBIGUPBIGUP
> *************************
> Special thanks to all the contributing Musicians, Artists, Technicians,
> Producers and of course Linux Audio Developers for the hard work
> involved to make this mix possible.
>

> Enjoy...

Well, I finally found time to get around to looking at this.

That's an incredible collection you've put together. Like many people I
tend not to RTFM so without having seen the playlist it was a bit of a
shock to hear one of my own tunes. Nice to know I'm in good company :)

--
Will J Godfrey
http://www.musically.me.uk