[LAU] Any decent Reaktor/Synthedit-type apps?

torbenh at gmx.de torbenh at gmx.de
Tue Nov 11 08:53:56 EST 2008

On Mon, Nov 10, 2008 at 11:19:30PM +0000, Damon Chaplin wrote:

> On Tue, 2008-11-11 at 09:45 +1100, Loki Davison wrote:
> > On Tue, Nov 11, 2008 at 9:30 AM, Damon Chaplin
> > <damon at karuna.eclipse.co.uk> wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > Are there any decent Reaktor/Synthedit-type apps available for Linux
> > > yet?
> > >
> > > (And easier to use than things like puredata, supercollider or csound.)
> > >
> > > Damon
> > >

> > Ingen. It's really very good and easy to use. Comes with a good gui,
> > some example patches and a helpful user base. :) You can make
> > synths/filters/etc from a range of plugins.
> > http://drobilla.net/software/ingen/
>
> Yes, I was looking at Ingen earlier today. I may be wrong, but I don't
> think you can create synth-like GUIs with it (with knobs/sliders etc.).
>
> It would be nice to have something like Reaktor where you can create
> fully-functional nice-looking synths that mere mortals can use.

http://galan.sf.net may be what you want.
you can build guis like this:
http://galan.sourceforge.net/galan-with-gradient.png

patching looks somwhat like this:
http://galan.sourceforge.net/shot020-mesh-big.png

i did not maintain it for some time, and the docs are bad.
you need to use one of the 0.3.0beta because the 0.2.x dont have jack
support.

and deactivate the fst stuff. its not working.
it still has a few bugs. but it works quite ok.

--
torben Hohn
http://galan.sourceforge.net -- The graphical Audio language