[LAU] Any decent Reaktor/Synthedit-type apps?

Damon Chaplin damon at karuna.eclipse.co.uk
Tue Nov 11 11:17:19 EST 2008

On Tue, 2008-11-11 at 14:53 +0100, torbenh at gmx.de wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 10, 2008 at 11:19:30PM +0000, Damon Chaplin wrote:

> > It would be nice to have something like Reaktor where you can create
> > fully-functional nice-looking synths that mere mortals can use.
>
> http://galan.sf.net may be what you want.
> you can build guis like this:
> http://galan.sourceforge.net/galan-with-gradient.png
>
> patching looks somwhat like this:
> http://galan.sourceforge.net/shot020-mesh-big.png
>
> i did not maintain it for some time, and the docs are bad.
> you need to use one of the 0.3.0beta because the 0.2.x dont have jack
> support.
>
> and deactivate the fst stuff. its not working.
> it still has a few bugs. but it works quite ok.

Yes, that is about the closest thing I've seen so far. Though the
interface isn't that nice and it still seems to lack some important
features (preset management, automation, MIDI learn).

I'm tempted to have a go at a similar app myself. Maybe you could give
me some advice on what went right with galan and what to avoid.

Damon