[LAU] Single Play MP3 player

Bob van der Poel bob at mellowood.ca
Thu Nov 13 13:27:32 EST 2008

I've got a little gig at the end of the month for which I'll be using
backing tracks. In the past I stuck midi files on my synth and lugged
the beast to the gig. This time I figured it'd be just as good to create
mp3 files of the midi's and play them off my laptop (using the laptop
just because the screen is big enough to read for old guys like me).

Only problem with all this is to find a suitable mp3 player program.

What I really need is a list of the songs (preferably in playlist order,
but that's not critical) and then I want to click a tune, have it play,
and STOP.

Just about every player (noatun, amarok) I've fooled with wants to play
each song in its playlist. Not what I want ... I really do need to
pause. I suppose I could write a little script with a <wait for key>
loop, but there must be something I can use.

Thanks.

--
  **** Listen to my CD at http://www.mellowood.ca/music/cedars ****
EMAIL: bob at mellowood.ca