[LAU] ardour sessions

Edgar Aichinger edogawa at aon.at
Wed Nov 19 06:12:48 EST 2008

Am Mittwoch 19 November 2008 schrieb Josep Andreu:

> Hi
>
> I don't have guitar right now .... then I'm fixing bugs in rakarrack for use as insert on DAW programs ....now is pretty stable ... and I want to release a bug fix version with some new things including a preset bank for "recording" and the question is ....
>
> Any place to download free ardour sessions? .....  I'm really interested if they include acoustic instruments, voices .... well  all things are welcome.
>

> Josep

Hi Josep,

About a year ago, I have put a small session online, as accompanying material
for an article I wrote for a german linux computer magazine.

http://people.jacklab.net/edogawa/files/JAD/LinuxUser/Ardour2-LU-Demo.tar.bz2

Not that I am particularly proud of my playing... I was under time pressure,
and had to choose a short piece of music to demonstrate basic techniques
in ardour (recording, importing, cutting, gain and pan automation. exporting).
You can read an extended version of the printed article here:

http://wiki.jacklab.net/index.php/Ardour_Techniken

I'm not sure if this is useful for you, or how well this would sound through
rakkarack ;) it's a short and easy-to-play baroque lute piece played on a
weird theorboed-lute type instrument (6 fretted and 6 bass strings) that
sounds similar to classical guitar in my configuration with nylon strings,
but I use baroque d-minor tuning on it. It was built around the beginning
of 20th century (maybe even in the 1920's), see the picture on top of the article.

Edgar