[LAU] two ubuntu questions

Dave Phillips dlphillips at woh.rr.com
Mon Nov 24 07:13:43 EST 2008

Greetings,

My new notebook is almost perfect, but I still need to automate a few steps.

I have a MidiSport 2x2 USB MIDI interface attached to the machine. I
installed the firmware and added the necessary info to the udev rules.
Alas, the device doesn't initialize at boot time. Success occurs if I
re-plug the device, but I'd like to skip that step.

Ditto for the rtirq script. Where do I put it so that it's autoloaded at
boot ?

Sorry if these are obvious questions. I'm new to the Tao of Ubuntu, and
I'm still learning here. :)

Btw, I have an Edirol UA25 coming to me soon. Any extra advice from LAU
folk regarding its configuration and use ?

Best,

dp