[LAU] two ubuntu questions

Philippe Hezaine philippe.hezaine at free.fr
Mon Nov 24 11:05:46 EST 2008

Dave Phillips a écrit :
> Greetings,
>
> My new notebook is almost perfect, but I still need to automate a few steps.
>
> I have a MidiSport 2x2 USB MIDI interface attached to the machine. I
> installed the firmware and added the necessary info to the udev rules.
> Alas, the device doesn't initialize at boot time. Success occurs if I
> re-plug the device, but I'd like to skip that step.

I'm not on Ubuntu and i don't know if this info is usefull for you.
But on my Gentoo i must type in console: (assuming you have installed
the firmware in \usr/local/share/usb/maudio/ )

all in one line:

fxload -I \usr/local/share/usb/maudio/Midisport2x2.ihx -D
/proc/bus/usb/00?/00?

The 00? are values given by lsusb

Unfortunately it isn't a boot time.

Cheers.

--
   Phil.
Superbonus-Project (Site principal) <http://superbonus.project.free.fr>

Superbonus-Project (Plate-forme d'échange):
<http://philippe.hezaine.free.fr>