[LAU] UA25 and xruns

Arnold Krille arnold at arnoldarts.de
Wed Nov 26 07:03:35 EST 2008

Am Mittwoch, 26. November 2008 schrieb Dave Phillips:
> Nice unit, but there's one big trouble with it: I get a lot of xruns
> from JACK. I've Googled for solutions, tried every suggested setting,
> got no joy. The only setting that works without xruns at all yields a
> latency of more than 30 ms (-p 512 -n 4 -r 44100). If I lower the period
> size to 256 I can get the latency down to 23.2 ms and suffer only an
> occasional xrun.

In contrast to pci-devices you now have an additional stage which is the
usb-transport.
Look at the interrupts which usb-port isn't sharing its interrupt with other
devices. Then use lsusb to find out where you have to plug the device to use
that usb-port (Most times one port has two or more plugs connected to it).
Then you can try to use the rtirq-script to raise the priority of that
interrupt.

For usb (and firewire) it is usually better to use -n3 -p... which has
something to do with the way their protocols work.

Have fun,

Arnold
--
visit http://www.arnoldarts.de/