[LAU] playing one channel mono mp3's with audacious

Justin Smith noisesmith at gmail.com
Thu Nov 27 03:23:38 EST 2008

On Tue, Nov 25, 2008 at 3:58 AM, Atte André Jensen
<atte.jensen at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> It seems that audacious can't play a mp3-file that only contains a
> single channel. Is there a way to achieve this?
>
> If not possible, can people recommend a player that can handle single
> channel mp3 files, preferably something that doesn't scan my disc,
> connects me to youtube, tags files, moves things into separate folders,
> thinks in terms of playlists, and syncronizes with my iPod or junk like
> that. Just a lean player that can be called from the command-line and
> preferrably is available through ubuntu's repos...
>
> --
> Atte

Some oldschool media players with gui, launchable from the command
line, that don't try to be your music database management app:
alsaplayer, gmplayer, gxine, xmms

If you don't need the gui: juke, play, aplay, mplayer

As far as I know all of these applications will play a mono mp3
without any trouble.