[LAU] Question on multichannel audio on Inspiron 1525 [Ubuntu 8.10]

Peter O'Doherty k.p.odoherty at gmail.com
Thu Nov 27 04:15:37 EST 2008

Hi Patrick,
Thanks for replying.
> Can you send us the output of
>
>    cat /proc/asound/cards
 0 [Intel          ]: HDA-Intel - HDA Intel
                      HDA Intel at 0xfe9fc000 irq 21
> Also can you run
>
>    alsamixer
>
> and check that your outputs are enabled?
All the outputs are enabled. I checked it all again and this is the
situation:

If I use VLC, for example, I get output on the 1st or the 2nd headphone
jack, but not both together and the 1st overrides the 2nd. If I start up
qjackctl then I have to make the connections for VLC manually in which
case the 2nd jack doesn't work at all.

Thanks a lot again. I would _really_ like to get this working and
ideally all three jacks sending audio... Hope I'm not expecting too much!
Peter