[LAU] korg + timidity + rosegarden via jack

robert lazarski robertlazarski at gmail.com
Thu Nov 27 04:44:20 EST 2008

On Thu, Nov 27, 2008 at 5:18 AM, Justin Smith <noisesmith at gmail.com> wrote:
> It should be trivial to connect rosegarden to both the midisport and
> to timidity using the qjackctl patch bay interface.

I'm a jack newbie, so that's where I need some help. Via QJackCtl I
was able to take these screenshots
showing my alsa connections:

http://braziloutsource.com/random/jack_alsa.png
http://braziloutsource.com/random/jack_audio.png

The "midi" pane in the connections window is blank. I started timidity
with "-Oj" , but don't hava timidity in the alsa pane. Here's a
scrrenshot of my options to add an output socket:

http://braziloutsource.com/random/jack_output_socket.png

So with that setup, how do a make it "trivial to connect rosegarden to
both the midisport and
to timidity" ? So far its not jumping out at me how to do it.

Thanks,
- R