[LAU] korg + timidity + rosegarden via jack

Rui Nuno Capela rncbc at rncbc.org
Thu Nov 27 05:13:37 EST 2008

robert lazarski wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 27, 2008 at 5:18 AM, Justin Smith <noisesmith at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>> It should be trivial to connect rosegarden to both the midisport
>> and to timidity using the qjackctl patch bay interface.
>
> I'm a jack newbie, so that's where I need some help. Via QJackCtl I
> was able to take these screenshots showing my alsa connections:
>
> http://braziloutsource.com/random/jack_alsa.png
> http://braziloutsource.com/random/jack_audio.png
>
> The "midi" pane in the connections window is blank.

on the qjackctl connections widget:
- audio tab is for jack-audio client connections;
- midi tab is for jack-midi client connections;
- alsa tab is for alsa-sequencer midi client connections--unrelated to
jack but rather convenient to have nearby :)

> I started timidity with "-Oj" , but don't hava timidity in the alsa
> pane.

you need to start timidity as an alsa-sequencer client for input as well
_and_ as a jack-audio client for output, which you already did. maybe
you're missing a command line option, say "-iA" ?

byee
--
rncbc aka Rui Nuno Capela
rncbc at rncbc.org