[LAU] PianoBooster version 0.5.0 has just been released

Louis B. louisjbarman at googlemail.com
Fri Nov 28 15:20:58 EST 2008

Pedro wrote:

> By the way, it is a coincidence that we are using exactly the same set of
> tools and libraries for PianoBooster and VMPK: CMake, Qt4 and RtMIDI. Same
> license too: GPLv3. If you want to integrate a virtual piano keyboard into
> PianoBooster, or you want any other help, please don't hesitate to ask.

Pedro,

The CMake, Qt4 are a coincidence but RtMIDI is not, when I looked the
Announce Mailing List I saw your post. I had written my own Linux Midi
driver and was struggling with the windows one.  RtMIDI is brilliant,
it just worked, it saved me loads of time!

I just wish it handled real-timer timer ticks as well. the Qt
QBasicTimer does not seem to give steady ticks even if I try "sudo
nice -n -20 ./pianobooster".  However "MusE" (without using Jack) is
doing some clever trick that I don't understand. Muse is always rock
steady on my under powered EeePC 700 even when I start compiling!

Thanks.

L o u i s    B a r m a n

Piano Booster is available at:   http://pianobooster.sourceforge.net