[LAU] e-piano

Johannes Wegener joyfm at arcor.de
Wed Oct 1 16:40:14 EDT 2008

On Wed, Oct 01, 2008 at 03:54:45PM +0200, hollunder at gmx.at wrote:

> Thanks for all the help so far.
> Now it's getting serious.
> I think I'll get something along the lines of Yamaha P85, Casio PX-120
> or Korg SP-250. They appear pretty similar to me, I couldn't test the
> casio yet.
> Any recommendation?

I own a Korg SP-200 which has the same technology as the SP-250 but
without the stand, the pedal and the speakers. It's a nice e-piano very
reliable and solid.
The sound is okay - the same for the keys. I don't know the other Pianos
but this one is good. I would recommend it. But you should try them all
in a store.

> And the main reason for this message:
> It's possible to get three pedals for the Casio and the Yamaha, for The
> Korg there's only the sustain pedal.
>
> My question is:
> When and for what will I need the other pedals?

How the pedals work is explained in another respond - but I'm playing
about 10 years and didn't need another than the sustain pedal. The
others may be nice for some pieces, but they are mostly not needed.

> I'm just
> starting to learn piano but I plan to play a bit unusual music as well
> (Schoenberg, etc.).

Sounds like fun - even if I never played Schoenberg :)

> Thanks again.
> Best regards,
> 	Philipp

Best regards,