[LAU] file browser in qtractor?

Mysth-R mysthr21 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 14 10:00:13 EDT 2008

2008/10/14 Rui Nuno Capela <rncbc at rncbc.org>

> Grammostola Rosea wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Is it possible to have a file browser in Qtractor like you have in
> > energyxt or lmms?
> >
> > In qtractor I only see the files which I have added as track or midi.
> >
> > Wouldn't it be useful if I have a browser so I can easily pick out some
> > samples from my 'samples' directory, some midi files from my 'midi'
> > directory, saved project files etc. ?
> >

> yeah, i've thought about having one and adding it is pretty easy in fact
> (Qt has a drop in solution for just that:). however, i always concluded
> it was about adding yet another file browser to the bloat :)
>
> take note that you can always use whatever your favorite file manager /
> browser is and drag-and-drop external files into qtractor (eg. from your
> 'samples' directory) provided it supports a dnd protocol of course. this
> is the most obvious reason why there's no file browser in qtractor: you
> can use your own, which i'm certainly will be the fittest to purpose.

Hi,
Didn't know it was ok to drag'n drop from any files browser. This is not a
feature that comes to my mind obviously.
In fact I am a agree with Grammostola Rosea, it could be cool to have a file
browser directly inside of Qtractor, or at least a "preview" button in the
import sound window. If I remember, the software Specimen use this preview
button and Ardour too.
This could be a solution isn't it ?
Personnaly I use Rox-filer and I don't think there is a preview feature for
sounds. And even it exists I should have issue, because I use Jack and
Freebob ;)

Cheers, and keep up your great work !

Mysth-R

--