[LAU] file browser in qtractor?

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Tue Oct 14 10:37:49 EDT 2008

On Tue, 2008-10-14 at 16:00 +0200, Mysth-R wrote:

> Didn't know it was ok to drag'n drop from any files browser. This is
> not a feature that comes to my mind obviously.
> In fact I am a agree with Grammostola Rosea, it could be cool to have
> a file browser directly inside of Qtractor, or at least a "preview"
> button in the import sound window. If I remember, the software
> Specimen use this preview button and Ardour too.

Ardour has the preview button on its own file browser but that is mostly
because Ardour's file browser also supports tagging files with arbitrary
metadata.

Like QTractor, Ardour supports drag-n-drop from file browsers that
support the correct protocol (i.e. almost all of them), and like Rui I
think this is a nicer solution than adding it to every app, unless the
app adds more "non-standard" features to the browser.

--p