[LAU] realtime kernel on ubuntu 8.04

Matthew Smith matt at smiffytech.com
Tue Sep 2 04:58:05 EDT 2008

Quoth david at 2008-09-02 18:04...
> I have a Toshiba Satellite. You may find that the built-in Intel video
> contributes a lot to xruns - and I'm not sure what you can do about it.

I disabled the kernel module for my ThinkPad video card - the system
still seems to work find, but I no longer have the driver hogging that
interrupt.

Whilst that didn't completely stop my xrun problem, disabling the
onboard Intel HD soundcard did.

 From what I was told when investigating my problem, the Intel HD audio
drivers (snd_hda_intel) can cause problems.

I use an external USB soundcard - the Behringer UCA202.  These are quite
inexpensive and have the added benefit of having RCA connectors rather
than those horrible little 3.5mm jacks for the main in/out connections.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Matthew Smith
Business: http://www.smiffytech.com/