[LAU] First commercial VSTi for Linux released

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Fri Sep 5 11:22:02 EDT 2008

On Fri, 2008-09-05 at 14:16 +0200, Michael Bohle wrote:
> Virtual Analog Synth Power for Linux:
>
> discoDSP has announced the release of Discovery Release 3 for Mac OS X, Windows and, for the first time, Linux.
> There is a limited demo available: http://www.discodsp.com/discovery/
>
> Shall work in every native VST Host for Linux like JOST, Renoise, energyXT2 and Qtractor.
>
> This reminds me:
> "VST is dead"
> (P. Davis)

You've been extremely rude to me in the past, but this time perhaps
you've actually caught me being wrong, which I freely admit to being at
least one third of the time. However, I'd appreciate a citation on when
or where I've said this. I recall saying that VST support in ardour is
"dead" (which is still not really correct), but I do not recall ever
saying that VST itself is dead. it would be odd if I did since I
certainly do not believe that. I perhaps suggested that VST as a future
API for audio plugins on Linux was dead. frankly, I still think that
this is likely, and that discoDSP will be the exception that proves the
rule but I'm genuinely happy to be proved wrong.

--p