[LAU] First commercial VSTi for Linux released

Fons Adriaensen fons at kokkinizita.net
Fri Sep 5 12:42:55 EDT 2008

On Fri, Sep 05, 2008 at 05:22:02PM +0200, Paul Davis wrote:

> ... I perhaps suggested that VST as a future
> API for audio plugins on Linux was dead. frankly, I still think that
> this is likely, and that discoDSP will be the exception that proves the
> rule but I'm genuinely happy to be proved wrong.

A question to users of apps like the one discussed in this
thread: is there *any* good reason why such an app should
be a *plugin* (in wathever format) in Linux at all ?

Or put differently, is there any good reason to emulate the
Windoze way of doing things audio - a host program with
plugins ?

As far as I can see, it can just be a Jack app.

Ciao,

--
FA

Parma, Italia