[LAU] Customizing Kubuntu for music?

Cory K. coryisatm at gmail.com
Sat Sep 13 16:09:20 EDT 2008

Mark Knecht wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 13, 2008 at 11:56 AM, Cory K. <coryisatm at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Mark Knecht wrote:
>>
>>> Darren,
>>>    ALL closed source video drivers are NOT supported on the RT kernel.
>>>
>> NOT true. ;) nVidia/ATI drivers in Ubuntu repo work just fine with -rt.
>>
>> -Cory K.
>>

> No, unfortunately you didn't read what I said. I didn't say they
> wouldn't work. I said they are not supported. Please read what you
> quoted directly above.
>
> The closed source drivers may work very well on the RT kernel. I've
> used them at times. However if you run into a problem the closed
> source drivers are absoluteley NOT support by Ingo/Steven/Thomas and
> they won't take any bug reports or work on any problems if the kernel
> is tainted by the closed source drivers.
>
> Cheers,
> Mark

*MANY* new users not familiar with -rt will read "not supported" as I
can't use the closed drivers with -rt. I've seen it many, many, many
times on my support ML already.

Your explanation now, after my reply, would have been a better initial post.

I would bet hard cash users of a -rt distro go to that bug tracker 1st,
and not to Ingo. I know. I receive the Ubuntu Studio bugs. ;)

-Cory K.