[LAU] Linux audio course Rotterdam

Pieter Palmers pieterp at joow.be
Sat Sep 13 17:20:38 EDT 2008

Ray Rashif wrote:
> I, on the other hand, think this is justifiable. It doesn't matter
> whether you're training someone to breathe or fish, you're still
> training him - and that's a service. A lot of courses on stupid things
> cost much higher.
>
> I'd rather go for a course on Audio Engineering with Gratis software
> than one with "industry-standard" software bundles. Software is only
> part of the equation - hardware, knowledge, techniques, skill and talent
> play bigger roles. Someone who can teach you those tricks of the trade
> deserves more than just beer.

Don't get me wrong. I agree with you. To take an example from my
professional surroundings:

"""
REGISTRATION TO

OPERATIONAL AMPLIFIERS: Theory & Design
TUDelft, November 10-13, 2008

Please select your registration and payment method

Operational Amplifiers: Theory & Design
Registration UNTIL October 10, 2008 EUR 1,575.-

Operational Amplifiers: Theory & Design
Registration AFTER October 10, 2008 	EUR 1,715.-
"""

(http://www.mead.ch/Registration.htm)

Nuf said...

Pieter