[LAU] Linux audio course Rotterdam

Brad Fuller bradallenfuller at gmail.com
Sat Sep 13 17:25:03 EDT 2008

On Sat, Sep 13, 2008 at 1:18 PM, Ray Rashif <schivmeister at gmail.com> wrote:
> I, on the other hand, think this is justifiable. It doesn't matter whether
> you're training someone to breathe or fish, you're still training him - and
> that's a service. A lot of courses on stupid things cost much higher.
>
> I'd rather go for a course on Audio Engineering with Gratis software than
> one with "industry-standard" software bundles. Software is only part of the
> equation - hardware, knowledge, techniques, skill and talent play bigger
> roles. Someone who can teach you those tricks of the trade deserves more
> than just beer.

Agreed. Some of us have (what has become) intrinsic knowledge that we
take for granted and it's often hard to discern and separate it. We
live with it everyday. Good teachers have the ability to distill
complexity and present it in clear chunks for the rest of us to easily
digest.  Teachers are worth their weight, and more, in gold, I'm in
awe of teachers.

--
Brad Fuller
www.bradfuller.com