[LAU] Linux audio course Rotterdam

david gnome at hawaii.rr.com
Sat Sep 13 23:15:07 EDT 2008

Pieter Palmers wrote:
> Ray Rashif wrote:
>> I, on the other hand, think this is justifiable. It doesn't matter
>> whether you're training someone to breathe or fish, you're still
>> training him - and that's a service. A lot of courses on stupid things
>> cost much higher.
>>
>> I'd rather go for a course on Audio Engineering with Gratis software
>> than one with "industry-standard" software bundles. Software is only
>> part of the equation - hardware, knowledge, techniques, skill and talent
>> play bigger roles. Someone who can teach you those tricks of the trade
>> deserves more than just beer.
>

> Don't get me wrong. I agree with you. To take an example from my
> professional surroundings:
>
> """
> REGISTRATION TO
>
> OPERATIONAL AMPLIFIERS: Theory & Design
> TUDelft, November 10-13, 2008
>
> Please select your registration and payment method
>
> Operational Amplifiers: Theory & Design
> Registration UNTIL October 10, 2008 EUR 1,575.-
>
> Operational Amplifiers: Theory & Design
> Registration AFTER October 10, 2008 	EUR 1,715.-
> """
>
> (http://www.mead.ch/Registration.htm)
>
> Nuf said...

And I just registered a few weeks ago for the IDEA 2008 conference in
Chicago, USA - http://ideaconference.org/register.html: US$450 + US$300
for the Pre-conference workshop. Of course, that's three days total.

We'll ignore the cost of airfare to, and hotels in, Chicago!!

--
David
gnome at hawaii.rr.com
authenticity, honesty, community