[LAU] licensing fun, was Re: Yamaha Disklavier Pro grand piano

Arnold Krille arnold at arnoldarts.de
Thu Sep 18 11:05:53 EDT 2008

Am Donnerstag, 18. September 2008 schrieb James Stone:
> What I don't quite understand is that Qt has a free/commercial
> separate licensing, but no-one has the same kind of problem with qt
> that they have with LS? Would someone care to explain?

No one??? You surely are funny! What do you think why gnome was founded???

Not because Qt wasn't free, but because Qt wasn't free enough. Kind of like
the same as with LS/Eisenkraut/etc. not being free enough.

BTW: If libgig is truly free, why don't we use it to integrate gig-support
into fluidsynth?

Have fun,

Arnold
--