[LAU] Rosegarden crashes - anything obvious to look for?

Matthew Smith matt at smiffytech.com
Wed Sep 24 03:12:03 EDT 2008

Quoth david at 2008-09-24 16:01...
> Matthew Smith wrote:
>> Quoth Norval Watson at 2008-09-24 09:12...
>>> Which kernel are you using Matt? I think I had similar crashes with a 2.6.26.5-rt9 kernel.
>>
>> Happens with both my RT kernel AND my regular one:
>> RT: 2.6.24.7-rt17
>> Regular: 2.6.23-gentoo-r4 SMP PREEMPT
>
> Rosegarden version? Version of KDE?

Thanks for your reply, David.

Same with both 1.5.1 and 1.7.2 (I updated to see if it would fix the
problem.)

According to Konsole, the only KDE application I've got running, KDE is
at 3.5.9.  I don't particularly want to update this unless I have to
because there tend to be a LOT of dependencies and an update of
something the size of KDE can take a LONG time.

> There's also a Rosegarden email list with excellent support at
> rosegarden-user at lists.sourceforge.net.

I was looking through the information for either that or it may have
been the Rosegarden bug tracker yesterday and noted some comment that I
interpreted as "if you are using a package from a distro, don't come
complaining to us."

And that's why I asked here first, in case it was a familiar problem.

As nobody has jumped up and said "ooh, yes, that's the so-and-so bug", I
think that my next step will be to build Rosegarden by hand, rather than
relying on the Gentoo ebuild - no idea what weird patches they may have
thrown into the mix.  Waste of time putting it on the Gentoo Bugzilla as
  I've had a bug open for Zynaddsubfx for something like a year now.
(That has been resolved through a patch which still hasn't got into the
Gentoo packaging system; looks like there's very little package
maintenance going on for things like this and I ain't doing it as I
can't get my head around the dev side of the Gentoo build system.)

If the problem persists once I've built everything by hand, I will
indeed bounce this off to rosegarden-user and will notify this list with
the outcome.

Cheers

Matthew Smith
Business: http://www.smiffytech.com/