[LAU] Unable to launch jack with a FA-66

simone-www.io-lab.org cimo75 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 24 07:44:46 EDT 2008

On Wed, Sep 24, 2008 at 12:40 PM, simone-www. io-lab. org
<cimo75 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 24, 2008 at 11:34 AM, Pieter Palmers <pieterp at joow.be> wrote:
>> Arnold Krille wrote:
>>>
>>> If your fw-card has three ports, there are two possibilities:
>>> a) pass hw:X with X in {0,1,2} in the jackd-commandline
>> note that the number of ports has nothing to do with the hw:x parameter.
>> the hw:x parameter designates the controller to use. All ports on one
>> controller are part of the same bus, and are treated the same.
>>
>> if you have a built-in controller, you might have to use hw:1.
>>
>> Greets,
>>
>> Pieter
>>
> so far:
> i can t find gscanbus on the Fedora repos, but in Ubuntu i have it
> installed and jack/fa-66 give me the very same problems and in Ubuntu
> i can see the device.

yeaahhh! i got it running with a few tricks:
so the main problem is that i am not able to give the proper
permissions to my user to access the raw1394 and ieee1394
modules/devices.
Till now i was not able to run freebob/jack even with superuser
because root was not in the audio group, while my user is.
Now root is in the audio user and root can launch jack with freebob.Nice!
At this point i only need to figure out how to set the proper
permissions in /etc/udev/rules.d/ so that my user can access the
firewire device.
Thanks
Simone