[LAU] first order ITU 5.1 preset for ambdec or second order stereo panner

Hector Centeno hcengar at gmail.com
Tue Apr 7 17:19:39 EDT 2009

Hello Fons,

Thanks a lot for your lengthy explanation and for sharing the preset.
I'm not that much concerned about how the stereo image will transfer
to the ambisonic soundfield but more about preservinge the general
textures and local movement of the stereo sounds. I'm panning quite a
few stereo tracks in Ardour and to split all of them to mono tracks
and have separate automations for their azimuts would be a bit of a
pain at this stage. I tried the first order preset and found the
second order much better for my purposes. So based on the code of your
first order stereo panner LADSPA plugin and the second order mono
panner I added a stereo second order panner. I can post the patch here
although I'm not sure if doing this might go against your intentions
with the AMB plugins (for my purposes it worked great).

Cheers

Hector