[LAU] Laptop as portable synth/effects box?

david gnome at hawaii.rr.com
Wed Apr 29 06:13:11 EDT 2009

I'm talking about my keyboard, which has stereo line outs. I would hook
them to my UCA202's stereo RCA jack inputs, and use a Y-cable to combine
the 2 stereo outputs into the single 1/4" plug connection needed to hook
into the sound system.

Maybe with a real time kernel and the proper settings, the UCA202 won't
have weird skipping problems when used bidirectionally.

I could hook the keyboard in via MIDI and use that to drive a softsynth,
too.

Sounds like fun if I can get it to the point of setting it up and
adjusting settings quickly enough.

Just think - the EEEPC 901's are dirt cheap at Amazon!

http://www.amazon.com/8-9-Inch-Netbook-Processor-Storage-Battery/dp/B001BYB620/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1240999950&sr=1-2

--
David
gnome at hawaii.rr.com