[LAU] Newer USB audio interfaces

David Adler david.jo.adler at gmail.com
Wed Apr 29 11:34:59 EDT 2009

On Wed, Apr 29, 2009 at 3:04 AM, Bill Allen <bill at k2bea.org> wrote:
> I noticed in the discussion on Ken Restivo's EEE-PC that he is using the
> MAudio FastTrack Pro. I had looked at that device, but when I looked at the
> Alsa soundcard matrix, it wasn't listed. Is it working out of the box?
>
> Another USB device that I thought looked good was the E-Mu 0404 USB. It is
> listed as not implemented yet. Is anybody using that out of the box yet?

I have an E-Mu 0202 USB (probably similar?)
Basic I/O worked out of the box. I guess using the snd_usb_audio
module. Controls in alsamixer do not work.

Realtime performance appears to be similar to what I achieved with my
old USB 1 card, as long as using 48 kHz. Using other sample rates it
becomes unstable.

Found this (a little outdated) thread, linking to some more information.
http://lists.linuxaudio.org/pipermail/linux-audio-user/2007-May/045792.html

Not that much a recommendation, but at 48 kHz it runs fine and I'm
really happy with it.

best,