[LAU] PHASEX-0.12.0-beta3

pete zenadsl6252 at zen.co.uk
Sat Aug 1 08:22:14 EDT 2009

On Fri, 31 Jul 2009 05:10:33 -0700 (PDT)
Norval Watson <norv2001 at yahoo.com.au> wrote:

> This time I'm compiling Phasex on Asus Eee, Atom N270 cpu, Debian sid.
> ./configure is failing thus:
>
> checking for X... no
> ./configure: line 5827: syntax error near unexpected token `GTK,'
> ./configure: line 5827: `PKG_CHECK_MODULES(GTK,'
>
> Looks like I'm missing something important on this brand new install?

looks like a missing PKG_CHECK_MODULES macro to me. which is odd
considering that it's included in aclocal.m4 (via an inline pkg.m4)
did you regenerate the build files at some point? (by running aclocal and friends)

just above that we have "checking for X... no" which also seems to be a bit wrongular.

i see this:
checking for X... libraries , headers
checking for gethostbyname... yes
checking for connect... yes
checking for remove... yes
checking for shmat... yes
checking for IceConnectionNumber in -lICE... yes
checking for GTK... yes

so you may have some deeper problems with missing development packages.
you might want to just check that pkg-config is installed though.

cheers,
pete shorthose.