[LAU] AVLinux (Was: a bunch of stuff)

Atte Andre Jensen atte.jensen at gmail.com
Sun Aug 2 08:38:24 EDT 2009

Ken Restivo wrote:

> For example, for *two years* I ran Debian Sid on my laptop. But it
> was a snapshot from May 2007 (with I think one update sometime
> afterwards). So it was quite stable, even though Sid is always under
> heavy construction. I solved the instability problem by never typing
> "apt-get upgrade" :-)

Of course by doing this you 1) never get security upgrades, and 2)
eventually can't install software anymore, since the current versions
starts needing newer libs.

I also did something similar (ran debian stable, doing my upgrades,
though) for years, but switched back to a rolling upgrade (but not
before gigs) model. ATM I'd rather handle problems once in a while, one
at the time, and be able to work with new versions of the software I run.

--
Atte

http://atte.dk   http://modlys.dk   http://virb.com/atte