[LAU] ZynAddSubFX voices

Folderol folderol at ukfsn.org
Tue Aug 11 18:02:59 EDT 2009

On Tue, 11 Aug 2009 16:42:55 -0500
Chip VanDan <chip.vandan at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hey there everyone,
>
> I'm in the process of retooling my website and adding a blog aimed at
> beginners to Linux audio.  My next article is going to be a detailed
> description on how use ZynAddSubFX and also a "down and dirty" on how
> to create unique voices for Zyn and save them.  I have a ton of unique
> voices for Zyn that I've created over the years that I would like to
> share as part of the article, but I'm not sure on the best way to
> package them for download.  My initial plan was to save each one as a
> separate .xmz file and zip all that together but would it be better to
> open up the banks folder where they are all saved and zip them up from
> there?
>
> Also if anybody wants to sharpshoot glaring errors in the articles on
> my blog (all 2 entries so far) it is available @
> http://makinglinuxmusic.blogspot.com
>
> Thank you for your time
>

> Christopher ("Airlynx"/"Chip") Van Dan
>
> >>Notice<<
> http://airlynx.sitesled.com is slowly moving to http://airlynx.x10hosting.com
> >>Notice<<

Put them in a suitably named bank as they are, then zip the bank
(several banks if you have more than 128 patches) :o

That way people only have to unzip the bank then drag it complete into
their user 'banks' folder.

I'll #try# to find time to look over your articles - not promissing
though. I usually find all 25 hours of all 8 day weeks are fully
booked :(

--
Will J Godfrey
http://www.musically.me.uk