[LAU] Pros and cons of 64 bit Linux

Ismael Valladolid Torres ivalladt at gmail.com
Thu Aug 13 16:12:30 EDT 2009

I am setting up a new system, running an ATI Radeon video card and a
RME PCI sound card. My box can run a 64 bit Linux operating system,
and I already have an Ubuntu 9.04 x64 installer ready. I wonder what
are the pros and cons of running a 64 bit Linux system nowadays. This
machine will not be used only for audio and video work, also for
blogging so I need that the Firefox web browser and all extensions run
flawlessly. Any info will be very useful so thanks in advance. Compiz?
Java? Flash?

Cordially, Ismael
--
Ismael Valladolid Torres      Hey there! ivalladt is using Twitter.
  <ivalladt at gmail.com>        http://twitter.com/ivalladt

t. 0034912519850              Facebook: http://profile.to/ivalladt
m. 0034609884094 (Yoigo)                http://groups.to/lamediahostia

Google Talk/Jabber/MSN Messenger: ivalladt at gmail.com
      Jaiku/Twitter/Skype/Yahoo!: ivalladt
                         AIM/ICQ: 264472328     GnuPG key: DE721AF4